Mirchi Pakodi Recipe
Perfect snack for your Monsoons, you can make this Mirchi Pakodi and serve it along with Green Chutney and Masala Chai.
Mirchi Pakodi Recipe is a very popular food that is sold on the streets of India. It is a perfect snack to make for your evening tea in Monsoons. As Monsoons are around the corner, you should definitely give this one a try.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Pakora Recipes such as
- 6 Green Chillies , Big ones
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- 2 tablespoons Jaggery
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 3 tablespoons Gram flour (besan) , Roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Salt , to taste For the batter
- 1-1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) , a pinch
- Ajwain (Carom seeds) , a pinch
- Water , as required Other ingredients
- Onion , finely chopped, as required
- Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali) , masala, as required
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped, as required
- Lemon , as required
- Chaat Masala Powder , as required
How to make Mirchi Pakodi Recipe
To begin making the Mirchi Pakodi Recipe, firstly we will mix the tamarind paste and jaggery in a bowl.
Make a slit in the green chillies and takes the seeds out, so that we can stuff the masala inside the green chillies.
Now in the tamarind and jaggery mixture, add in the ajwain seeds, fennel seeds, gram flour, red chilli powder and salt. Mix everything well.
Stuff this mixture into the green chillies one by one and keep it aside.
To make the Gram flour batter, add gram flour, baking soda, turmeric powder, ajwain and water. Mix everything to create a thin batter. Make sure it should not be too watery and it should be thick enough to coat the green chillies.
Meanwhile, heat the required oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
Dip the stuffed chillies into the batter and add it to the hot oil. Fry them till it becomes golden brown.
Once done, take them out and let them cool down a bit. Cut into half and add to the serving bowl.
Garnish the Bajjis with Onions, Peanuts, Coriander Leaves, Lemon Juice and Chaat Masala Powder and it is ready to be served.
टमाटर सोस, हरी चटनी या सालसा के साथ परोसे।