Mixed Vegetable Handi Recipe
Filled with the goodness of vegetables and the flavour from the spices makes Mixed Vegetable Handi a delectable dish to eat. Serve it with any Indian bread for a wholesome meal.
If you feel like eating something exotic, something like restaurant style then this recipe is perfect for you. Easy to make and it tastes exactly like the mixed vegetable sabzi we eat in restaurants. Vegetable Handi is easy to cook and good for health too as it has a lots of vegetable in it. The goodness of vegetables and the flavour from the spices makes it a delectable dish to eat. You can also make it for your weekend house parties or can pack it for your pot luck .
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Gravy recipes such as
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 Onion , 1/2 diced and 1/2 thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 4 Tomatoes
- 7 Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet corn
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1/4 cup Green beans (French Beans) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Button mushrooms , chopped
- 1/2 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubed
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mint Leaves (Pudina) , chopped
- 1/2 Lemon , juice
How to make Mixed Vegetable Handi Recipe
To begin making the Mixed Vegetable Handi recipe, add tomatoes and cashews in a mixer grinder, puree them and keep it aside.
Next, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add bay leaves, cumin seeds and cook for 15 seconds.
After 15 seconds, add sliced onions, green chilli, ginger, garlic and saute for about a minute.
After a minute, add finely sliced onions and cook till the onion turns golden brown in colour.
Next, add tomato puree and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
Add butter and mix everything well, let it cook for about a minute.
After a minute, add the diced onion, diced carrot, corn, peas, french beans, capsicum, cauliflower, button mushrooms and paneer. Give it a toss and add water.
Add salt and cover the lid. Let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes on medium flame, keep checking and stirring in between if the vegetables are cooked properly or not.
Meanwhile, take a small bowl, add cream and curd together. Mix it well and see that no lumps are formed.
Once the vegetables are soft, add the cream curd mixture and mix it with the vegetables.
Cook Mixed Vegetable Handi on low flame for 1-2 minutes, sprinkle kauri methi, add lemon juice and mix everything nicely.
Once it is done, garnish Mixed Vegetable Handi with chopped coriander and mint leaves. Mixed Vegetable Handi is ready to serve.
A Sales & Marketing professional by the day and a masterchef by the night, Pooja has been able to give creative edge to various Indian and western recipes. To satisfy her culinary traveling and cooking learning needs, Pooja has traveled across the country from vibrant cities to remote villages and learn the taste of real India. This has enabled her to bring the authentic taste & flavor of india on to the plate but with a modern twist.