Mixed Vegetable Paratha Recipe
Vegetable Paratha is nutritious and wholesome breakfast with the goodness of vegetables.You can top it with butter and serve it with curd or pickle. It is best to make when you have leftover vegetables in your fridge.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Paratha recipes such as
For the dough
- 3 cup Whole Wheat Flour , (more for dusting)
- 2 cup Water , to knead (adjust)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- Salt , to taste For stuffing and roasting
- 1/2 cup Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely grated
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , finely grated
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled and mashed
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
- Ghee , for roasting
How to make Mixed Vegetable Paratha Recipe
To begin making the Mixed Vegetable Paratha recipe, in a bowl, mix together wheat flour, salt and oil.
Add water, little at a time and prepare a soft dough just as we make dough for chapatis.
Grease your hands with oil and knead it well. Cover it and let it rest for some time.
The next step is to prepare the stuffing. Mix all the vegetables including mashed potatoes, chopped onions, mashed peas, grated carrot, grated cauliflower, finely chopped green chillies and fresh coriander properly.
Now add all dry spiced in mixture including salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder and mix everything well.
Now make even size ball out of paratha dough and roll out the ball in a small circle dusting wheat flour.
Add some stuffing in the centre and gather all the corners and seal it well and press it lightly.
Dust some wheat flour and roll out the sealed dough into a circle as we do for chapati dough. Don’t apply too much pressure.
Heat a tawa, put the rolled out paratha on it. Let it cook little bit on one side.
Flip it over to the other side and spread some ghee over the paratha which is half cooked.
Flip it again,when the second side is half cooked, spread some more ghee.
Flip it gain, do it couple of times to get paratha browned and cooked well. Now topped it with butter and serve hot.