Moong Dal Tikki Recipe
Tikki's are a favorite at home and this moong dal tikki packs the punch - it is loaded with proteins, delicious texture and a chatpata taste. Serve it hot as a high protein snack along with chutney and a cup of tea or coffee.
Moong Dal Tikki is perfect recipe for this rainy season. Its is packed with flavour and taste from green chillies, pepper , chaat masala and spices and the softness from the paneer. Pan fry it and serve it along with chutney to make a high protein evening snack.
If you like this recipe, try more Tikki Recipes such as:
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled and mashed
- 1/4 Cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , grated
- 6 sprigs Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 tablespoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Salt , to taste
- Oil , for cooking
How to make Moong Dal Tikki Recipe
To begin making the Moong Dal Tikki Recipe, wash the moong dal and transfer it to a pressure cooker along with 1/2 cup water and salt to taste.
Pressure cook the dal for one whistle and turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release naturally. We want the dal to be cooked well but not mashed.
Once the pressure has released, drain the excess water if any and set the dal aside. You can use the water in cooking rice and making soups.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped green chillies, ginger, onion, garlic, capsicum, paneer, mint leaves and the cooked dal.
To the same bowl, continue and add the cornflour, cumin powder, salt, amchur, black pepper powder and chaat masala.
Mix the Moong Dal Tikki mixture well and check the taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. Divide the Moong Dal Tikki mixture int0 10 to 12 lemon sized balls and shape them into flat round tikkis.
Heat oil in a tawa over medium-high heat and shallow fry the Moong Dal Tikkis on both sides until they turn into a lovely brown colour.