Moong Dal Tikki Recipe
Moong Dal Tikki Recipe is an easy Tikki recipe which is made with a delicious combination of Green Peas and Capsicum. You can try this for your monsson evenings with a hot cup of Masala Chai.
Moong Dal Tikki is perfect recipe for this rainy season. We can make is with less oil so this is the healthy version of deep fried tikki. Moong dal is cooked with some water till just firm but cooked and then drained and mixed with spices and then is shallow fried till crisp and golden.
If you like this recipe, try more Tikki Recipes such as:
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 6 Green Chillies
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 4 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Green peas (Matar) , boiled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , grated
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
How to make Moong Dal Tikki Recipe
To begin making Moong Dal Tikki Recipe, soak moong dal for a couple of hours.
Boil some water in a saucepan and add moong dal. Boil moong dal for about five minutes on medium heat.
Drain water and wash dal with cold water. This avoids the moong dal getting cooked any further. Keep it aside.
Take a grinder and add dal, green chillies, coriander and ginger. Grind together to a coarse paste.
Take a bowl, add grinded dal mixture, chopped onion, grated paneer, mashed peas, and mix everything well.
Add corn flour, cumin powder, chaat masala, raw mango powder and salt to taste, mix well. Make flat round tikkies.
Heat oil in a non stick shallow fry pan, shallow fry them till golden on one side. Flip and shallow fry on the other