Moroccan Lentil Stew Recipe With Raisins
Flavourful stew to pair with rice or couscous
Moroccan Lentil Stew Recipe With Raisins is an African flavourful delicacy that uses authentic Moroccan spices. This dish is specially savoured in winters. The local home cooks use winter vegetables paired with dry lentils/ chickpeas to prepare this slow cooked recipe. Serve Moroccan Lentil Stew Recipe With Raisins with quinoa or warm steamed rice.
If you like this recipe, you can also try
For Lentil Stew:
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 Stalk Celery , diced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , diced
- 1 Sweet Potato , diced
- 1 tablespoon Homemade tomato puree
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cups Lukewarm Water
- 1/2 cup Green Moong Dal (Split) , soaked for half hour
- 1/4 cup Sultana Raisins , roughly chopped
- Salt , as needed
- Lemon wedges , few, to garnish
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped, to granish For Moroccan Spice Mix:
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 teaspoon White pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
How to make Moroccan Lentil Stew Recipe With Raisins
To start making Moroccan Lentil stew with raisins, make Moroccan spice mix first. Blend all the ingredients mentioned for the spice mix and keep aside. We will need 1-1/2 teaspoons of this mixture to this recipe.
Heat oil over medium in a pressure cooker.
Add onions and sauté until translucent.Add ginger and sauté until fragrant.
Add the chopped celery, cook until they are soft.
Add the prepared moroccan spice mixture, toast them until fragrant.
Add tomato paste and cook until it is caramelized.
Add diced carrots, sweet potato and cook until tender.
Now add lentils, vegetable stalk, water and season with required salt. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
Switch off and open the cooker once the pressure is down.When lentils are tender, check for salt.
Add chopped raisins and stir well. garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Serve warm with couscous or rice.