Moroccan Style Vegetable Stew Recipe
Healthy entree recipe with potatoes, carrots, and squashes among others
Moroccan Style Vegetable Stew Recipe is a perfect vegetarian entree suitable for one of those cold evening, served with steamed saffron pilaf, is truly delectable.
The stew, without coconut milk, but used some cream and a fine blend of spices and vegetables like potatoes, carrots, butternut squash/pumpkin, or any combination of the different squashes.
Serve Moroccan Style Vegetable Stew Recipe hot over a bed of saffron pilaf or couscous.
Try more of our Moroccan cuisine-
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onions , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable stock , or water
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves (Laung) , ground
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini) , ground
- 1/2 cup Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and cubed
- 1/4 cup Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin) , cubed
- 1/4 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , cubed or sliced
- 1/4 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight & cooked
- 1/3 cup Black olives , pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , or parsley, chopped finely
- Salt , to taste
How to make Moroccan Style Vegetable Stew Recipe
To prepare Moroccan-Style Vegetable Stew Recipe, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and the garlic, stirring until it gets tender and golden brown.
Add the water or the stock, chili powder, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Allow it to boil for a few minutes till everything combines.
Add the cream, potatoes, pumpkin/squash, carrots and chickpeas.
Simmer covered for another 5 -10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and you start to feel the flavors emanating from the stew.
Stir in the lemon juice after switching off heat, adorn the soup with parsley and serve Moroccan-Style Vegetable Stew Recipe hot with saffron pilaf or couscous.