Multigrain Paneer Dahi Vada Recipe
Vadas made of paneer immersed in delicious curd with South Indian flavours, these vadas taste delicious.
It is my mom's version of super healthy protein packed Multigrain Paneer Dahi Vada. Kids do call it paneer doughnut as well. This is a cottage cheese vada immersed in delicious curd full of South Indian flavour. This is full of nutrients and multigrain bread crumbs adds to its healthy quotient. It is super easy to cook and great for parties too.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other similar recipes such as
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , grated
- 3 teaspoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , beaten
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar) , powdered For the slurry
- 2 teaspoons Whole Wheat Flour , or maida
- Water , as required
- 1 Whole Wheat Brown Bread , brown bread for crust
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , as required, for frying For yoghurt
- 1 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , beaten
- 2 teaspoon Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar) , powdered (adjust as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 5 to 6 Curry leaves
- Saffron strands , Few
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
How to make Multigrain Paneer Dahi Vada Recipe
To begin with Multigrain Paneer Dahi Vada recipe, In a bowl mix grated paneer, 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 to 3 teaspoon curd. Do not add extra curd otherwise mixture will not retain its shape.
Make equal size ball of this mixture and gently give the shape of a vada.
Keep in fridge for half an hour so that they maintain their shape and get firm.
Prepare a slurry of wheat flour/ maida with little water of flowing consistency. Keep it aside.
Take a slice of multigrain bread and grind it in a mixer and spread on a plate.
Now take out your vadas from fridge, dip them gently in slurry and coat with bread crumbs. You can again allow these to rest in fridge for 15 minutes.
Prepare the curd meanwhile. In a bowl toss together curd, sugar, dry roasted mustard seeds, few curry leaves and saffron.
Now fry the vadas in hot olive oil in a deep fry pan till golden brown.
The next step is to assemble the Multigrain Paneer Dahi Vada. In a serving platter place a layer of prepared curd, now put vada in center. Drizzle more curd over it.
Sprinkle sesame seeds, mustard seeds and garnish with curry leaf.