Ragda Patties Recipe - Popular Mumbai Street Food
Ragda Patties is one of the most cherished one dish meals that are savored in the almost every Marathi and Gujarati home. The patties on their own way make a yummy snack to go with your afternoon tea. Chatpata chaat like ragda patties is great to be served at your next chaat party.In association with Nutralite
Ragda Patties is one of the most cherished one dish meals that are savored in the almost every Marathi and Gujarati home. The patties on their own way make a yummy snack to go with your afternoon tea. Using various colourful chutneys on top of the patties and ragda add the zing to the dish.
You will find that I have pan fried the patties in this recipe to preserve nutrition and at the same time providing a healthy alternative to deep frying.
If you are looking for more tea TIme Snack here are some :
Ingredients for patties
- 4 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Achari Mayo
- Nutralite Classic Spread , for cooking Ingredients for Ragda
- 1 cup Dried Yellow/White Peas (Vatana) , soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Tamarind Water
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Nutralite Classic Spread
- Salt , to taste
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped Other Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 4 tablespoons Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint)
- Sev , for garnish
How to make Ragda Patties Recipe - Popular Mumbai Street Food
To begin making the Ragda Patties Recipes, we will first cook the peas. Cook the soaked yellow peas until very soft and tender. See How to Cook Lentils/ Dals / Pulses - Video Recipe
Heat Nutralite Classic in a large saucepan on medium heat; add nigella seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add the green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, and all the other spices and stir for a few seconds.
Turn the heat to low and stir in the cooked peas adding a quarter cup of more water if the peas is too thick. Simmer for 10 minutes until all the spices and the peas are well combined and looks like a mish mash gravy.
Stir in the chopped coriander leaves and keep the ragda aside.
Next we will begin making the patties.
Combine all the ingredients for the patties except the bread crumbs. Divide them into 5 to 6 circular balls. Roll each portion of the pattice over the bread crumbs.
Preheat a pan and melt the Nutralite Classic spread. Place the pattice and pan fry them until they are golden brown and crisp.
Now that the ragda is ready and the patties are ready we can serve them as and when required. Heat/ warm them just before you are reading to serve for a dinner or a dinner party.
Ragda Patties have to be served individually in serving bowls. Place a ladle of ragda on the serving bowl; place the patties on the top and drizzle a teaspoon of Dhania Pudina Ki Chutney and Khajur Imli ki Chutney and finally sprinkle the chopped onion and serve hot.