Mushroom Biryani Recipe
Mushroom Biryani is an easy Indian style biryani made which is spicy in taste. It is easy and can be prepared in less than an hour. This also makes a great dish to serve during your house parties or for weekend dinner with family.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other similar recipes such as
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 cups Button mushrooms
- 2 Onions , thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger , grated
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , minced
- 3 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Oil , and Ghee as required
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
How to make Mushroom Biryani Recipe
To begin making the Mushroom Biryani recipe, wash basmati rice and soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile clean the mushrooms and chop in two halves.
Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee + oil with cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaf.
Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and stir well till the smell goes off.
Add finely chopped tomatoes and sprinkle some salt to it, cook until the tomatoes become mushy.
Add spice powders (red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala) and mix everything well.
Add cleaned and chopped mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes or until it shrinks slightly.
Add 3 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk to it. After it starts boiling, rinse the soaked rice, drain the water from rice and add it in the pan.
Cover and cook on medium flame for about 8 minutes and turn off the flame.