Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe
It is a great recipe to serve during house parties or you can even pack it for potlucks.
An Indo Chinese flavoured fried rice with mushrooms, carrots and bell peppers in soy sauce. It is a great recipe to serve during house parties or you can even pack it for potlucks.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Rice recipes such as
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup Onions , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , (whites) finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely minced
- 2 Green Chillies , or jalapeños
- 1 Dry Red Chilli , (optional)
- 1 cup Button mushrooms , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , grated
- 2 tablespoons Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Spring Onion Greens , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons Soy sauce , (adjust according to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon White vinegar , (adjust according to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons Sesame (Gingelly) Oil , or any cooking oil
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper powder , to taste
How to make Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe
To begin making the Mushroom Fried Rice recipe, rinse the rice well and cook in plenty of water till it is cooked al dente or just cooked that it still has a bite to it; not overcooked. Each grain should be separate. Drain and keep aside to cool completely.
Heat oil in a large wok or kadai; add chopped onions, whites of green onions, ginger, garlic, green chilies and red chilies (cut up) and sauté for a few minutes till the onions turn soft, on high heat.
Stir in the chopped mushrooms and fry again till the mushrooms are well sautéed.
Tip in grated carrots and chopped bell pepper and fry again for a few seconds.
Stir in cooked and cooled rice, soy sauce, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder and salt to taste and mix well on high heat, stirring continuously till all the flavours have blended well and rice is heated through.
Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.
You can garnish with chopped coriander leaves or cilantro instead of green onions.
Soy sauce and other sauces added have salt in them, so adjust the salt added accordingly.
Feel free to add more vegetables of your choice or even tofu or paneer. Stir in roasted peanuts or cashews for additional crunch.