Mushroom Tikka Masala Dry Recipe
Mushroom Tikka Masala Dry Recipe is a perfectly roasted chunks of marinated mushrooms, bell pepper and onions in a fragrant and spicy yogurt based gravy.
Mushroom Tikka Masala Dry Recipe, a perfectly roasted chunks of marinated mushrooms, bell pepper and onions in a fragrant and spicy yogurt based gravy. Skillful to make and a crowd pleaser for sure. The gravy has a twist in the usual tikka masala gravy that we make.
Instead of tomatoes we have made the gravy with just yogurt and besan to give a more rich texture to the dish. The dish has the same set of spice powders used to create the quintessential flavors of tikka masala that we all love to eat.
If you are looking for more Mushroom Recipes, here are some :
For the mushroom marinade:
- 2 cups Button mushrooms , cut into 2
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cubed
- 1/2 cup Onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , or greek yogurt (hung yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Sunflower Oil
- Salt , to taste
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
How to make Mushroom Tikka Masala Dry Recipe
To begin making the Mushroom Tikka Masala Dry Recipe, we will first mix yogurt, besan, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, chaat masala powder to form a mixture.
Heat a kadai with oil, add ginger and garlic and saute till they soften. Add in onions and bell peppers and saute till the onions turn translucent.
Once the onions are softened add mushrooms and cook until all the water is evaporated well. Finally, add in the yogurt besan mixture that was mixed earlier.
Mix well and cook until the raw smell goes away and the gravy slightly thickens. Check for salt and sprinkle some kasuri methi and lemon juice and mix well.
Finally when the mushroom is cooked well into the gravy, you can switch off the heat and serve hot.