Mustard Vegetable Curry Recipe
The Mustard Vegetable Curry is made from a delicious blend of Dijon Mustard, mixed vegetables and a subtle set of ingredients like cumin, chilli, and coconut milk. The dijon mustard and the coconut milk make a delicious and unique combination for a curry, making it perfect to be served along with a crusted bread or even steamed rice or tawa paratha for dinner.
If you like this recipe, here are more curry recipes to try
- 2 teaspoons Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 cloves Garlic , grated
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 120 ml Coconut milk
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Carrots (Gajjar) , cut into rounds or lengthwise of 1 inch thickness
- 5 to 6 Green beans (French Beans) , cut into 1 inch pieces, steamed
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar) , steamed
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and diced small
- Salt , to taste
How to make Mustard Vegetable Curry Recipe
To begin making the Mustard Vegetable Curry Recipe, we will first have to steam the vegetables and keep them ready You can use a steamer or a pressure cooker to cook the vegetables.
Potatoes take a longer time to cook, so I suggest you cook them separate from the beans, carrots and peas.
To begin making the curry base; heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add in the cumin seeds, garlic and onion and saute on medium heat until the onion has turned light pink and translucent.
Once the onions are ready; add in the turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir for a few seconds. Finally add in the coconut milk, the vegetable stock and the dijon mustard.
Add in the salt and check the spice and salt levels. Adjust to suit your taste.
Finally stir in the steamed vegetables; turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer the curry 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and the Mustard Vegetable Curry is ready to be served.