Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry Recipe - Potato And Nimki Curry
Easy to make and delicious to eat, Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry is a delicious combination of Potato, Nimki and Pomegranate cooked in an onion tomato gravy. Serve this tasty curry along with Tawa Paratha and Raita of your choice.In association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances
Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry Recipe is a combination of all my favorites: potato, crunchy nimki with sweet spicy and chatpata flavours in a gravy form. Its one of the delicious and lip smacking potato based recipe.
Its amazingly tangy and sweet (from dried pomegranate seeds powder), crunchy (from nimki or namak para) and with a hint of fennel seeds powder (saunf), it surely amazes your taste buds. Do try this recipe at home and let us know how you liked it?
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Potato Recipes for your vegetarian lunch or dinner:
To make the Nimki
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tablespoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 tablespoon Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt , to taste
- Water , as required for dough mixing
- Cooking oil , as required, for frying For the curry
- 5 Potatoes (Aloo) , peeled and diced
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf) , powdered
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) For garnishing:
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- Fresh Pomegranate Fruit Kernels , as required
- Lemon wedges , as required
- Onion , finely chopped
How to make Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry Recipe - Potato And Nimki Curry
To begin making the Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry recipe, we will first start by making the Nimki.
In a bowl add maida, salt, semolina, ghee & mix well.
To this gradually add water and start kneading to form a stiff dough. Set aside for 15-20 minutes and knead again to form a smooth dough.
Now take a ball sized dough and start rolling it like a roti and cut it into diamond shapes with a knife.
Heat the required oil in a pan for deep frying and add the nimkis one by one. Fry them over a medium low heat till they turn golden colour from all the sides.
Remove from oil and place them over a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil from the nimki. Set it aside.
Note: you can also use readymade Nimki to make this Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry Recipe
The next step is to make the Aloo/ Potato curry in the pressure cooker.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat; add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone. This will take about a minute or two.
After a minute or two, add finely chopped onions and let it cook till the onions turn soft and translucent.
Next, add all the dry spices including garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fennel powder, coriander powder, anardana powder and light roast for a minute.
After a minute, add tomato puree and the diced potatoes and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste, 1 cup of water and cover the pressure cooker and cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
Once done, turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release naturally.
Once the pressure releases, add the kasuri methi and check the salt and spices and adjust accordingly. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Lastly, garnish it with pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves, nimki, lemon wedges and onions and serve hot.
-Do not skip the ghee from the recipe, it is the reason for crispy texture.
- Cool them completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Sattu flour provides thickness to this gravy, you can adjust the quantity according to your preference.
- Nimki must be mixed into the gravy not before 15 minutess before serving to maintain its crunch, else it turns soft.
Nimki Aloo Anardana Curry Recipe - Potato And Nimki Curry is part of the Indian Curry And Gravy Recipe Contest