Bell Pepper Sabji Recipe-No Onion No Garlic
This no onion no garlic Sweet Pepper sabji is very quick and easy to make and appeals not only to the eyes but also to the plate. Goda masala adds flavour to the peppers but its addition is optional.Serve it along with dal and phulka.
Including a variety of coloured fruits and vegetables in our daily diet is not only eye pleasing but also helps to increase the intake of a variety of nutrients. Coloured peppers (capsicum) are easily available at most vegetable vendors and hence are easier to include in the regular diet.
This no onion no garlic Sweet Pepper sabji is very quick and easy to make and appeals not only to the eyes but also to the plate. Goda masala adds flavour to the peppers but its addition is optional. You can use Garam masala or skip adding any masala totally.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Dry Vegetable recipes such as :
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 tablespoon Groundnut powder
- 2 teaspoons Sesame powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Maharashtrian Goda Masala , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Jaggery , grated
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , as required for garnishing
How to make Bell Pepper Sabji Recipe-No Onion No Garlic
To begin making the Bell Pepper Sabji Recipe, keep all the ingredients prepped and ready. First heat oil in a kadhai/wok.
Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter add the cumin seeds.
Add in the colored bell peppers and saute till it softens.
Add hing, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Goda masala (if using) and mix well.
Add salt and cook covered for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tamarind paste, jaggery, groundnut powder, sesame powder and a little water (about 3-4 tablespoon).
Cook uncovered for 1 to 2 minutes more, stir once or twice.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.