Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls Recipe In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce
A delicious and healthy Chinese recipeIn association with Saffola Fit Foodie
Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce is a classic recipe from the Indian Chinese Cuisine. The Vegetable balls are made from a combination of finely minced vegetables and pepper and spice oats that are pan fried and served as a main course dish in a chilli garlic sauce. The oats in the Manchurian, add a great texture to the Manchurian, making it soft and succulent.
Other recipes that you can try are:
Ingredients for Vegetable Manchurian Balls
- 2 cups Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely miced
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , shredded
- 1 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , finely grated
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 40 grams Rolled Oats Or Instant Oats
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil , for pan frying (1/4 teaspoon for each ball) Ingredients for Sweet Hot and Spicy Chilli Garlic Manchurian Sauce
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens)
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2 inch Ginger , grated or chopped
- 1 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1 cup Vegetable stock , or water
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil , or sunflower oil
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
How to make Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls Recipe In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce
To begin making Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce first make the Manchurian balls.
We will be using a Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan to make the Manchurian Balls.
First, combine all the ingredients for the Manchurian balls in a large bowl adding just a little water if required. Knead to combine until all the ingredients come together.
Preheat the Paniyaram Pan, add a little oil to the pan. Spoon portion of the mixture into the pan and panfry them on medium heat until it is cooked through and browned from all sides.
Pan fry the remaining balls the similar way and keep aside.
In a small mixing bowl, add the corn flour along with the cup of water or vegetable stock. Stir to combine the flour into the water.
Add soya sauce, ketchup, the red chilli sauce, sriracha sauce, black pepper powder and salt.
Heat oil in a wok or frying pan on high heat; add garlic, ginger, green chillies, spring onions and stir-fry for a few seconds.
Add the corn flour mixture to the above wok and cook for a few minutes until thick and the corn flour is cooked.
Add in an additional cup of water if required to adjust the consistency of the sauce to suit your taste.
Check the salt and chilli levels in the sauce and adjust to suit your palate.
Just before serving, put the Vegetable Manchurian Balls in the sauce and stir-fry on high heat for few minutes. Garnish with spring onion leaves.