Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls Recipe In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce
A delicious and healthy Chinese recipeIn association with Saffola Fit Foodie
Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce is a classic recipe from the Indian Chinese Cuisine. The Vegetable balls are made from a combination of finely minced vegetables and pepper and spice oats that are pan fried and served as a main course dish in a chilli garlic sauce. The oats in the Manchurian, add a great texture to the Manchurian, making it soft and succulent.
Other recipes that you can try are:
Ingredients for Vegetable Manchurian Balls
- 2 cups Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely miced
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , shredded
- 1 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , finely grated
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 40 grams Saffola Pepper and Spice Oats
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil , for pan frying (1/4 teaspoon for each ball) Ingredients for Sweet Hot and Spicy Chilli Garlic Manchurian Sauce
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens)
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2 inch Ginger , grated or chopped
- 1 tablespoons Corn flour
- 1 cup Vegetable stock , or water
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli sauce (Sichuan Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil , or sunflower oil
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
How to make Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls Recipe In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce
To begin making Non-Fried Vegetable & Oat Manchurian Balls In Sweet & Spicy Oat Sauce first make the Manchurian balls.
We will be using a Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan to make the Manchurian Balls.
First, combine all the ingredients for the Manchurian balls in a large bowl adding just a little water if required. Knead to combine until all the ingredients come together.
Preheat the Paniyaram Pan, add a little oil to the pan. Spoon portion of the mixture into the pan and panfry them on medium heat until it is cooked through and browned from all sides.
Pan fry the remaining balls the similar way and keep aside.
In a small mixing bowl, add the corn flour along with the cup of water or vegetable stock. Stir to combine the flour into the water.
Add soya sauce, ketchup, the red chilli sauce, sriracha sauce, black pepper powder and salt.
Heat oil in a wok or frying pan on high heat; add garlic, ginger, green chillies, spring onions and stir-fry for a few seconds.
Add the corn flour mixture to the above wok and cook for a few minutes until thick and the corn flour is cooked.
Add in an additional cup of water if required to adjust the consistency of the sauce to suit your taste.
Check the salt and chilli levels in the sauce and adjust to suit your palate.
Just before serving, put the Vegetable Manchurian Balls in the sauce and stir-fry on high heat for few minutes. Garnish with spring onion leaves.
Archana Doshi is the founder of Archana's Kitchen. Archana launched Archana's Kitchen in 2007 as a way to keep track of her and family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Archana is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Archana says "I hope you enjoy cooking recipes from my website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to me"