Nutty Aloo Paratha Recipe
Nutty Aloo Paratha Recipe is a wonderful twist to the regular aloo paratha recipe and is a sure-shot crowd pleaser. This recipe includes chopped nuts and raisins along with the classic spiced aloo filling. While making the dough for aloo paratha, spinach puree can be used to increase its nutritional value. Nutty Aloo Paratha Recipe can be served with curd sweetened with honey and with a dash of black pepper or pickle of your choice for breakfast or lunch.
Take a look at other paratha recipes which might interest you
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , pureed
- Water , as required to make pliable dough For The Filling
- 3 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , crumbled/grated
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder , or 2 chopped green chillies
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Mixed nuts , (I used cashew nuts, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- Ghee , to smear
How to make Nutty Aloo Paratha Recipe
To make Nutty Aloo Paratha Recipe, in a Mixing bowl, bring together wheat flour, water, and spinach puree (if using) to a soft pliable dough by kneading well. Few drops of ghee or oil can be added if required.
To the boiled and mashed potatoes or aloo, add all the other ingredients, crumbled paneer, coriander, garam masala, salt, jeera powder, red chilli powder/green chillies, chopped nuts, and raisins and mix them till they are well combined.
Pinch out equal sized balls from of the paratha dough and the aloo paneer stuffing.
Roll the dough into a small circle, place the filling inside and close the dough from all sides.
Roll this stuffed nutty dough into a paratha, taking care not to let the stuffing ooze out.
Heat a Tawa and cook the nutty aloo paratha evenly with a drizzle of ghee.
Serve Nutty Aloo Paratha recipe with curd sweetened with honey and with a dash of black pepper or pickle of your choice for breakfast or lunch.