Delicious One Pot Butter Chicken Khichdi Recipe
Butter Chicken Khichdi Recipe is a combination of rice and chicken with robust spices. A wholesome meal in itself you can serve it with a bowl of curd or raita.
Giving the classic Butter Chicken recipe a twist, our One Pot Butter Chicken Khichdi Recipe is a must try recipe.
Flavoured with aromatic spices, the tastiness of the marinated chicken and comfort from the mushy rice, this creamy One Pot Butter Chicken Khichdi Recipe is a wholesome meal in itself. it is perfect to be served during monsoons and cold winter months to warm you up.
If you like this recipe of One Pot Butter Chicken Recipe, here are some more Khichdi Recipes:
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 4 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Star anise
- 2 cloves Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilli , slit length ways
- 6 cloves Garlic , crushed
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- ¼ cup Homemade tomato puree
- ¼ cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 cup Chicken breasts , cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- Salt , to taste
- 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Tandoori chicken masala , Everest brand
- 2 teaspoons Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala powder
- 1 cup Rice , washed, soaked and drained
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped for garnish
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped for garnish
How to make Delicious One Pot Butter Chicken Khichdi Recipe
To begin making the One Pot Butter Chicken Khichdi, wash the chicken well, drain and cut into long strips.
In a pressure cooker, heat butter on low flame, add in the whole spices including bay leaf, cumin seeds, cardamom, star anise, cloves and cinnamon.
Add in the ginger, garlic and green chilies and saute for a few seconds, now add in the sliced onions.
Continue to cook the sliced onions until they turn translucent, then add in the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
After a couple of minutes mix in the spices- red chilli powder, tandoori chicken masala, cumin powder, garam masala, and coriander powder. Cover and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Open the lid,turn the flame to low, add in the yogurt and chicken pieces, and saute this butter chicken mixture. Let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Finally, add the washed and drained rice, water and chopped coriander, mint leaves and close the pressure cooker.
Pressure cook the One Pot Butter Chicken Khichdi for 3 whistles and turn off the heat.
Allow the pressure to release naturally. Serve the Butter Chicken Khichdi hot along with a dollop of butter or ghee
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.