Pachai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
Pachai Mor Kuzhambu or Raw Buttermilk Kuzhambu is a dish which is prepared using thick buttermilk. Unlike regular Mor Kuzhambu , in this dish the buttermilk is not cooked and can be used at room temperature. Thick buttermilk is mixed with cooked vegetables & a spice mix which consists of pepper, cumin seeds, chili and urad dhal. The flavor of the dish is further enhanced when we temper it. Use it with steamed rice and vegetable sambar or as a raita to main dish. Serve Pachai Mor Kuzhambu with Senai Kizhangu Varuval and Mixed Vegetable Pulao.
If you like this recipe, here are more kuzhambu recipes you ought to try
Note: Use fresh curd only (not sour curd)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1/2 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 sprig Curry leaves For Kuzhambu
- 2-1/2 cups Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 3/4 cup Bhindi (Lady Finger/Okra) , chopped to an inch
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Water , as needed
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , small bunch, finely chopped
- Salt , to taste For Tadka
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/3 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
How to make Pachai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
To prepare Pachai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe, dry roast the ingredients in “For Seasoning” table without any oil. The order should be white urad dhal, pepper, red chili, methi seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves, cumin seeds. Let the mixture cool.
Shallow Fry Ladies finger with oil. Add salt for the ladies finger. Allow it to cool.
Beat the yogurt without water. Add the ground powder, salt and the vegetables and mix them.
Add water (at room temperature) to make it a little watery for kuzhambu.
Temper in a tadka pan by heating oil, and adding mustard. Once it splutters, add hing and switch off.
Once the tadka cools, pour to the Kuzhambu and garnish with coriander leaves.
Pachai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe is part of the Recipe Contest: Lost Recipes From Ancestral Kitchens