Pan Fried Avocado Kofta Recipe
Fried using very little oil, these koftas can be served as an appetizer with any condiment of your choice.
Want to try out something healthy? This Avocado Koftas are completely healthy ones. Fried using very little oil and can be served as an appetizer with any condiment of your choice. You can also make them as appetisers for your parties and we are sure your guests will just love them. These koftas can also be made into gravy. Just make a rich tomato onion gravy and serve these koftas along. Yummy! Isn't it?
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Kofta recipes such as
- 1 Avocado , ripe
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- Sooji (Semolina/ Rava) , or breadcrumbs for dusting
- 1 tablespoon Rice flour , If required
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , grated
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind Water , or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Oil , for shallow frying Spices:
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Pan Fried Avocado Kofta Recipe
To begin making the Pan Fried Avocado Kofta recipe, peel the avocado and mesh it well with fork.
Heat a skillet and add a teaspoon of oil. Fry grated carrots on medium high heat for about a minute and remove from the heat.
Take a bowl and add in the cooked carrot, chopped onions, grated ginger garlic, green chilies and coriander leaves. Add in all the spices, sprinkle some salt, add in tamarind water and lemon juice. Mix everything well.
If the mixture is too soggy and cannot make Koftas, add a tablespoon of rice flour and mix so that the moisture gets absorbed.
Take slightly bigger then ping pong size ball of the mixture on your palm and start shaping them into oval. Keep them aside on a plate.
Take some semolina or breadcrumbs in a plate and dust all the Koftas well, coating with semolina on all the sides.
Heat a skillet and add oil. Place all the prepared kebabs on top keeping some space in between each. Let them fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Turn them over and fry on the other sides. Once they look all browned and crisp, Remove on a plate and serve these crisp kofta hot as an appetizer.