Paneer Bhurji Gravy Recipe
Paneer Bhurji Gravy, a delicious gravy recipe which you can make for your everyday meals or when you have sudden guest at home. Different whole spices make this a fragrant and flavourful paneer recipe.
Paneer Bhurji Gravy is one of those recipes which can be cooked during house parties or you have sudden guest at your home for lunch or dinner. The use of spices brings a flavour in the gravy and it tastes great along with Tandoori Roti or Phulkas.
Paneer Bhurji Gravy is tomato onion based gravy recipe in which everyday Indian spices are used. Paneer is high protein and gives you calcium.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Paneer Recipes which you can make for your Party Dinners:
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger , paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic , paste
- 1/4 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , crumbled
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , as required
- Water , as required
How to make Paneer Bhurji Gravy Recipe
To begin making the Paneer Bhurji Gravy recipe, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaf, red dry chilli, black cardamom, green cardamom, star anise and hing.
Once the mustard seeds splutter and the spices release a nice aroma, add the finely chopped onions. Cook them till they turn soft and translucent.
Add the ginger garlic paste and let it cook for, once done add the finely chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
Cover with lid and let it cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Once the tomatoes are cooked and start coming together add the spices including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
Stir well to combine and let it cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the crumbled paneer and the required water. Mix everything properly and let it simmer for three to four minutes and then turn off the heat.
Once it is done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.