Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe
North Indian Restaurant style soft succulent paneer in a semi dry onion tomato gravy is a must try for your lunch or dinner. Pack Paneer Do Pyaza into your lunch box with phulka and raita.
Do Pyaza in Persian means two onions and this curry is usually prepared with double the quantity of onions. Onions are added at two stages during cooking and hence the name is Paneer Do Pyaza. Paneer Do Pyaza is a semi gravy recipe prepared with soft paneer and plenty of onions in a creamy base.
Onions are added initially and at the end, sauteed onions are added to give a crunchy feel to the gravy. The gravy is not spicy and has a pinch of sweetness due to plenty of onions added with the tanginess of tomatoes.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Paneer recipes such as
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubed
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1-1/2 Onions , cut lengthwise
- 1 Onions , cubed
- 2-1/2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Salt , as required
How to make Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe
To begin making the Paneer Do Pyaza recipe, heat a half teaspoon of oil in a kadhai/wok and add onions. Cook until they become translucent and keep them aside.
In the same kadai, add remaining oil and cumin seeds and wait until they sizzle and add cardamom seeds and saute until a nice aroma comes out of it.
Now add lengthwise cut onions and cook until they become transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
After a minute, add tomatoes and cook until they become soft. Add spice powders, kasthuri methi, required amount of salt and toss them well.
Simmer the gravy. Cook until moisture is absorbed and oil starts leaving from the sides.
Add cubed paneer, fried onions and give them a stir, add a dash of cream and simmer Paneer Do Pyaza for about 3-4 minutes.