Paneer Pav Bhaji Recipe - Wholesome Weeknight Dinner
Make this wholesome and lip smacking Paneer Pav Bhaji for dinner tonight along with some toasted Pav Buns. Serve along with a buttermilk or fresh fruit juice of your choice and enjoy.
The Paneer Pav Bhaji is a delectable one pot dish that you can have for a quick weeknight dinner. The addition of paneer in the Pav Bhaji along with lots of vegetables all cooked into a pressure cooker, makes this Pav bhaji one pot, easy to cook and wholesome.
You can add any vegetables of your choice to make the bhajji. Kids love this recipe and it is a good way to feed them vegetables of your choice to them. The flavour of the pav bhaji comes from pav bhaji masala powder which is readily available in the market so do add that to make a flavourful bhaji.
If you like Indian Street Food, then you might also like :
Ingredients for the Bhaji
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 4 Potatoes (Aloo) , peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi)
- 2 Carrots (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Pav bhaji masala
- 1 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 cup Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , grated
- 1 Lemon , juice
- Salt , to taste Other ingredients
- 12 Pav buns , (ham burger buns could be substituted)
- Butter (Salted) , for toasting
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , small bunch finely chopped
- 1 Onions , finely chopped for serving
- 1 Lemon , juice extracted
How to make Paneer Pav Bhaji Recipe - Wholesome Weeknight Dinner
To begin making the Paneer Pav Bhaji Recipe, prep all the ingredients and keep it ready.
Place the pressure cooker on medium heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt. Once it melts, add the onion, capsicum and garlic and saute until the onions and capsicum soften.
Once it softens, add the tomato puree, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, pav bhaji masala and chaat masala powder. Saute for a few seconds.
Add 1/2 a cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles. The vegetables have to become very soft and mushy. Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release naturally.
Once cooked, open the cooker and mash the vegetables well, then add the paneer and mix well to combine. Once done add the coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well. Check the seasoning and transfer the bhaji into a serving bowl , Sprinkle some onions on the top and keep aside.
The final step is to toast the pav buns. Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Spread butter over the sliced pav buns and toast them on the tawa until golden brown and crisp. Serve with the bhaji and enjoy.