Paneer Shashlik Sizzler Recipe
Yummy one dish recipe with rice, marinated succulent paneer cubes and vegetables served as a hot sizzler. Make this mouthwatering dish for a weekend lunch or dinner.
Paneer Shashlik sizzler is an excellent and delicious party dish. This is a crowd pleaser and can be made when you have your relatives at home. In this recipe, fresh paneer and other assorted veggies are marinated in a spicy sauce and later grilled in a tandoor or a pan. The grilled paneer shashlik is later served in a sizzler pan with a bed of tempered rice and some salad on sides of it.
Here are a few more sizzlers that you can also try
Note: You can also use any kind of rice pilaf with this, though I have used peas pulao.
For Paneer Shashlik
- 100 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese)
- 3 Red Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum) , (one each)
- 2 Onions , diced
- 1 Tomato , diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt , to taste For Peas Pulao
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 1 cup Green peas (Matar) , steamed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- Green Chillies , slit
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds , crushed
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/2 Bay leaf (tej patta) , torn
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Ghee To assemble sizzler
- Iceberg lettuce , Lettuce
- Onion , sliced to circles and grilled
- Tomatoes , sliced and grilled
How to make Paneer Shashlik Sizzler Recipe
To begin making Paneer Shashlik Sizzler Recipe,we will prepare the shashlik first.
Take a bowl and add sugar, pepper powder, vinegar, soy sauce, garam masala powder, tomato ketchup and salt. Take a whisk and mix all ingredients well.
Add diced onions, bell peppers, paneer, tomatoes, mix and rest for an hour.
Once they have marinated for an hour, take a skewer and skew all vegetables one after one, alternating with your pattern.
Put in on hot grill pan, drizzle a little oil and cook on low medium flame till all sides are done. Take care not to burn veggies or paneer.
To prepare peas pulao, in a kadai, heat a little ghee and sizzle cumin seeds.
Once the cumin seeds have sizzled add bay leaf, cardamom, clove, cinnamon and saute till aromatic.
Next add the green chillies peas and salt to taste . Cook covered for a minute.
Add cooked rice and stir carefully until the flavours blend into rice. Check for salt and adjust.
Switch off flame.
Take a sizzler plate (cast iron) and add few drops of oil all over. Heat the sizzler plate for 15 minutes in an oven or on the flame.
Line it with cabbage or lettuce leaves.
Place flavored peas pulao on it.
On the sides place the grilled onions and tomatoes.