Pineapple Paneer Tikka Recipe
A super easy starter that you can make quickly for any parties or just as a special starter for your brunch.
Pineapple Paneer Tikka Recipe is a super easy starter that you can make quickly for any parties or just as a special starter for your brunch. The Paneer, the Indian Cottage cheese is flavored with a variety of spices and called by its many names like Malai Paneer Tikka, Hariyali Paneer Tikka, Tandoori Paneer Tikka, Nawabi Paneer Tikka and many more names. With subtle color variations the above recipes are prepared the similar way. Each chef and each region of North India brings out his or own flavors into this dish. We have created a twist by combining with pineapple and paneer and skewered, cooked over a grill top pan.
If you are looking for more Paneer Recipes here are some :
- 1 Pineapple , cut into triangles
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into triangles
- Cooking oil , for tossing Ingredients To Be Mixed Into A Marinade
- 1 cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 3 cloves Garlic , ground to paste
- 1 inch Ginger , ground to paste
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf) , roasted ground to powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Pineapple Paneer Tikka Recipe
To begin making the Pineapple Paneer Tikka Recipe, combine the yogurt and gram flour making a smooth paste. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the ginger, garlic, and kasuri methi leaves to make a coarse paste.
Add in the fennel seeds and ajwain and pound until blended. Add this to the yogurt mixture. Add in the remaining marinade ingredients into the yogurt mixture and stir to combine well.
Place the paneer cubes, pineapple & bell peppers in a large bowl, add in the marinade and allow it to rest covered for about half an hour to one hour or even overnight.
Take a skewer and add paneer cubes, pineapple and bell peppers and line it up till the top. Do the same for the rest of the skewers.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat, add a little oil and place few marinated paneer skewer along with a little of the marinade on top.
Add a spoon of ghee or oil on the coal. It will begin to smoke a little, reduce the heat to low and let it sit for about a minute on each side. Keep turning and cook evenly on all the side till it is charred. Cook the skewer for atleast 10 minutes and serve hot.
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.