Pita Sandwich With Cauliflower Falafel And Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Here is a wholesome Pita sandwich With Cauliflower Falafel And Roasted Vegetables that makes a great weeknight dinner or even a weekend meal. Serve it along with a smoothie or even a bowl of soup.
Pita Sandwich With Cauliflower Falafel And Roasted Vegetables Recipe is a baked cauliflower stuffed sandwich. Falafel is a deep fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas, beans or both. Falafel is a traditional middle eastern food, commonly served in a pita bread. The falafel are topped with salads, pickled vegetables, variety of sauces and drizzled with tahini sauce.
This is a recipe with the twist as we are using cauliflower as major ingredient for falafel. Cauliflower Falafel can also be eaten on its own as a snack or served as part of appetizers or could be stuffed inside the breads or rolls.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Sandwich Recipes such as:
Ingredients for the roasted vegetable filling
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , thinly sliced
- 100 gram Portobello mushrooms , or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , thinly sliced
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper , to taste Ingredients for the Cauliflower Falafel
- 1 Cauliflower (gobi) , cleaned and florets separated
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , cooked (canned can also be used)
- 1 Onion , roughly chopped
- Parsley leaves , half a bunch, chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , half a bunch, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Lemon juice , of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil , plus extra for brushing
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 2 tablespoon Quinoa flour
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Salt and Pepper , to taste Ingredients for the Pita Sandwich
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Bread , (with or without pockets)
- 1 Tomato , thinly sliced to circles
- Iceberg lettuce , chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Tahini , or honey mustard sauce
How to make Pita Sandwich With Cauliflower Falafel And Roasted Vegetables Recipe
To begin making the Pita Sandwich With Cauliflower Falafel And Roasted vegetables, we will first make the falafel mixture.
In a Food Processor, add cauliflower florets, chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander leaves, and pulse until they look crumbled. Add lemon juice, coconut oil, turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, chia seeds, quinoa flour and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until combined well.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and check the salt and seasonings and adjust to suit your taste.
Make small lemon sized equal balls of this falafel mixture and place them an inch apart on greased baking sheet.
Brush with olive oil on top of each prepared cauliflower falafel. Bake for 20 minutes or until they turn brown and crisp from all sides. Make sure to turn the falafel half way through and bake brown and crisp from all sides. Once done, remove the cauliflower falafel from the oven and keep aside.
To prepare the roasted vegetables, heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of oil. Next add the bell peppers, onion, carrot, mushrooms and roast until vegetables are cooked yet look firm.
Season with salt and black pepper. Turn off the heat and keep this aside. You can also stir fry the vegetables in a wok if you don't have a grill pan.
To assemble the Falafel Pita Sandwich, arrange the pita bread on a flat platter. Layer with a bed of lettuce. Place some sliced tomatoes. Next layer the cauliflower falafel. Top up with some roasted vegetables. Drizzle your favourite sauce.
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.