Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
Pizza Pinwheels Recipe is a yummy and delicious pizza dough shaped them into pinwheels and then flavoured with tomato basil sauce. Serve it along with Pizza Margherita and Burnt Garlic Pasta With Mushroom and Toffee Bananafor a perfect weekend dinner with a glass of wine.
These Pizza Pinwheels are pretty to look at, easy to eat and yummy to taste. To make it more attractive and kid friendly you can make few pizza pops too out of them and I assure it would be a sure shot hit in any kids parties and a unique centre dish even in your house parties.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other starter recipes such as
- Crispy Potato Roses Recipe
- Soft and Crispy Cheese Stuffed Puff Sticks Recipe
- Stuffed Bun With Veggies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/3 cup Lukewarm Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil For the stuffing
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil , finely chopped (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Homemade Pizza And Pasta Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese , as required
- Dried oregano , as required
- Red Chilli flakes , as needed
How to make Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
To begin making the Pizza Pinwheels Recipe, take warm water, oil, sugar and salt. Add yeast to it and whisk it well. Set it aside.
Sieve wheat flour and maida in a mixing bowl. Now add the flour mixture to the yeast solution.
Mix well and knead it to a soft pliable dough. Set aside to rest in a warm place for atleast an hour.
Dust your kitchen surface and roll it to slightly thick long rectangle shape. Add pizza sauce and sprinkle oregano.
Then sprinkle onion, tomato, olive, capsicum and grated cheese.
Roll it tightly to a log. Cling wrap it and refrigerate it for 10 minutes so that the dough becomes stiff and you can cut them easily.
Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Brush the pizza roll with little oil and then brush it with oil and cut into slightly thick slices.
Line the baking tray with silver foil/butter paper. Arrange the pizza slices, sprinkle cheese, oregano and chilli flakes.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.