Polenta Pizza With Vegetables Recipe
Polenta Pizza With Vegetables is a cornmeal and milk based pizza base topped with pizza sauce, mixed veggies, herbs and spices.
Polenta Pizza With Vegetables Recipe is a fun twist on the classic pizza. Topped with vegetables, this yummy pizza is quite easy to put together and makes for a hearty meal any time of the day.
You can use any vegetables of your choice for topping according to your taste and preference. If you are looking for a homemade pizza recipe with a twist, do give this fusion pizza recipe a try.
If you are looking for more pizza recipes, here are more of them to try
- 3/4 cup Makki Ka Atta (Yellow Corn Meal Flour)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , crushed
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil , + as required for greasing pan
- Salt , to taste
- 1/3 cup Homemade Pizza And Pasta Sauce , or as required
- 1/4 cup Red Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum) , sliced, for topping
- 1/4 cup Button mushrooms , sliced, for topping
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Herbs (Dried) , of your choice
- 1/4 cup Onions , sliced, for topping
- 2 tablespoons Cheese , grated, for topping
How to make Polenta Pizza With Vegetables Recipe
To begin making the Polenta Pizza With Vegetables Recipe, first preheat the oven to 200 deg C
Meanwhile, brush an 8 inch pizza pan with olive oil.
Heat water, milk and 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan. Add salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
Once it starts boiling, add the corn meal stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
Cook covered on a low heat for 15-20 minutes till the polenta thickens.
Pour the cooked polenta in the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Bake for about 15-20 minutes till the polenta is firm.
Take the polenta with the pizza pan out of the oven and spread pizza sauce over the polenta base. Top with sliced bell peppers, onion, mushroom and grated cheese.
Bake for another 5-8 minutes till the cheese melts/ the veggies are roasted a bit.
Take it out of the oven, cool a bit and serve it hot.