A comforting South Indian meal of Chenai Kizhangu Poriyal, Pasi Paruppu Masiyal, Vellarikka Kosumalli, Kollu Rasam and Steamed Rice is an absolutely satisfying one. If you are looking for a delicious and easy to make South Indian Meal, then your search ends here.
This super nutritious meal uses local and fresh produce, packed with dishes with various flavours and textures. it is satisfying and comforting, a meal you will make again and again.
A satisfying meal, of piping hot steamed rice, served with a rasam made of horsegram, called as Kollu Rasam. The horsegram recipe, is not only very healthy to be added to your everyday diet, but great to be served to diabetics as well. It is a rich source of proteins too. Adding the horsegram, into the rasam, makes it wholesome and adds a lovely bite to it too. Tastes absolutely delicious with rice.
The sides to this meal, includes a Chenai Kizhangu Poriyal which is a lovely yam stir fry that uses a freshly ground masala. The fresh masala, lends great flavour and aroma to the dish.
Yet another element of this meal is the Pasi Paruppu Masiyal, which essentially is a green moong curry made South Indian style. The ghee tadka added over it adds a lovely mouth feel and richness to the curry.
Bringing in freshness to this meal is Vellarikka Kosumalli. It is a cucumber salad, that has a tadka over it. The curry leaves and mustard seeds from the tadka, add a lovely crunch and flavour to the salad. All in all an absolutely winner meal, that you should put together for your family.
Portions of each dish in this meal plate are mentioned below:
- Steamed Rice - 1 Katori
- Kollu Rasam - 1 Katori
- Chenai Kizhangu Poriyal - 1/2 Katori
- Pasi Paruppu Masiyal - 1/2 Katori
- Vellarikka Kosumalli - 1/2 Katori
A South Indian style, yam stir fry made using a freshly ground curry powder. Goes well with a South meal of rasam and rice.
Try our other Poriyal Recipes:
- Green Beans Poriyal Recipe With Peanuts & Sesame Recipe
- Pudalangai Poriyal Recipe - Snake Gourd Poriyal
- Cabbage And Carrot Poriyal Recipe - No Onion And Garlic
A healthy green moong curry, made with South Indian notes of tamarind and a tadka of mustard seeds and curry leaves that lend a lovely flavour to the moong dal curry.
Try our other similar Recipes:
- Pidikaruanai Masiyal Recipe (Mashed Yam Sabzi)
- Urulai Kizhangu Masiyal Recipe (Potatoes in a Tangy lemon and Ginger Gravy)
- Keerai Masiyal Recipe (Stir Fried Green with Mustard and Curry Leaves)
A refreshung salad, yet again made South Indian style, with the addition of tadka. Carrot and cucumber combined together, with some heat from the green chillies and a splash of tang from the lemon juice.
Try our other Salad Recipes:
- South Indian Style Green Moong Sprouts, Raw Mango Salad Recipe
- Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari Recipe- With Pomegranates
- South Indian Kosambari Recipe With Raw Mango, Cucumber, Carrot & Beetroot
A lip smacking rasam recipe, made a lot healthier as it is made with horsegram as the star ingredient.
A comfort food made in almost all South Indian households with a combination of different main ingredients.
Try our other Rasam Recipes:
- Lemon Rasam Recipe - Nimbe Saaru Recipe
- Chettinad Style Poondu Rasam Recipe - Garlic Rasam Recipe
- Pudina Rasam Recipe - Mint Leaves Rasam