Here is a yummy yet healthy and nutritious Portion Control Meal plate that consists of a traditional Karnataka style Huli Soppu Saaru, Maharashtrian Tindora Sabzi With Peanuts, Keerai Masiyal, Steamed rice and curd.
Mixed green leaves Huli Soppu Saaru is highly nutritious, green leafy vegetables have numerous health benefits like they improve eye health, boost bone are low in fat, high in dietary fiber, and rich in folic acid, vitamin C, potassium and magnesium.
Tindora is known to reduce blood sugar level, and prevent conditions like diabetes. It is also very good for the heart and the nervous system. Studies have even shown that it helps deal with kidney stones. the texture of tindora in Maharashtrian Tindora recipe is complemented by the crunchy roasted peanuts.
Keerai Masiyal is a quick easy to make stir fry. These dishes can be had with steamed rice or phulka to complete your meal.
Below are the quantities we have used for a complete portion control meal. You can use these suggestions based on your dietary requirements. In the portions below, I have Omitted the phulka, as I had just rice along with the meal.
Total Calories: 280 Calories
- Huli Soppu Saaru- 1/2 Katori
- Keerai Masiyal - 1/2 Katori
- Maharashtrian Tindora Recipe- 1/2 Katori
- Steamed Rice - 1/2 Katori
- Curd - 1 Katori
1. Huli Soppu Saaru Recipe - Karnataka Style Mixed Greens Sambar
Huli Soppu Saaru is a delicious traditional Karnataka style mixed green sambar recipe which goes well with Ragi Mudde ( Ragi Balls) or Steamed Rice.
If you like this recipe, look into more Saaru recipes for your Vegetarian meal such as:
- Hunase Saaru Recipe - Mysore Style Spicy Tamarind Rasam
- Hurali Saaru Recipe (Healthy Horse Gram and Coconut Curry)
- Harive Soppina Saaru Recipe (Karnataka Style Amaranth Leaves Cooked with Lentils)
2. Keerai Masiyal Recipe (Stir Fried Green with Mustard and Curry Leaves)
Keerai Masiyal Recipie is an easy and quick South Indian Recipe which can be made using any greens of your choice like Arai Keerai or Thandu Keerai or Amaranth Greens. Keerai Masiyal gets its flavours from cumin, curry leaves and asafoetida and this goes well with steamed rice, sambar and papad.
If you like this recipe, try more recipes with green leafy veggies
- Agathi Keerai Recipe
- Parangikkai Keerai Kuzhambu Recipe
- Parappu Keerai Masiyal Recipe (Red Amaranth with Toor Dal)
3. Maharashtrian Tindora Sabzi With Peanuts Recipe
Maharashtrian Tindora Sabzi with Peanuts Recipe is a delicious diabetic friendly recipe which is quick and easy to make. Roasted peanuts add an amazing crunch to the recipe. Maharashtrian Tindora Sabzi with Peanuts goes well with Phulka and steamed rice.
If you like this recipe, here are more Tindora Recipes such as
- Dondakkai / Kovakkai Poriyal Recipe - Tindora Poriyal
- Shahi Tindora Recipe - Tindora In Cashew Nut Gravy
- Tindora Sambharo Recipe - Instant Tendli Pickle
4. Steamed Rice Recipe
Have a Bowl of Steamed Rice to complete this meal. You can replace white rice with brown rice or Phulka for a more healthy meal.
5. How To Make Homemade Yogurt (Curd)
A bowl of creamy homemade curd completes this meal. Curd is high in Calcium and so it is good for your bones. It is a good probiotic and its good to include in your daily diet.