A portion control meal is one, that is made with different vegetables, lentils, carbohydrates, a salad, basically food chosen from all food groups. Food made fresh and served in portions, this meal is one such that includes a kadai chole, veg makhanwala, tawa paratha and dahi.
A simple meal plate, made with everyday spices, the chole dish is packed with proteins and the veg makhanwala is a medley of vegetables, making it rich in fiber, which also includes vitamins and minerals.
The tawa paratha is the element of carbohydrate, that is required by the body. The dahi alongside is the element of a dairy product that's rich in calcium. All in all as much as diet is important, so is exercise, and good sleep. Having a positive attitude above all is of utmost importance.
Following the simple thumb rule of eat breakfast like a king, lunch like prince and dinner like a pauper. Essentially your first meal should be heavy and as the day goes by our meals should get simpler and less complex. Ensuring meals are eaten on time each day, eating mindfully without the interruption of technology, in the form of gadgets like television and mobile phones.
Try to make minimal or no conversation during meals, helps you focus on the food entirely.
Here are the portion sizes of the meal:
Total Calories: 340 Calories approximately
- Kadai Chole 1/2 katori
- Veg Makhanwala : 1/2 katori
- Tawa Paratha: 1
- Dahi: 1/2 katori
1. Kadai Chole Recipe- Dry Chickpeas Masala with Capsicum
An approach to make chole the way, kadai paneer or kadai vegetable is made.
Masaledar, and chatpata, loaded with chunks of capsicum and onions, this Kadai chole dish can be served a sa side to a meal or even be served with puris.
Try our other Chole Recipes:
- Rawal Pindi Style Chole Recipe
- Sukhe Methi Chole Recipe
- Chole Dhania Masala Recipe - Chickpeas in Fresh Coriander Gravy
2. Veg Makhanwala Recipe- North Indian Mixed Vegetables Gravy
A medley of vegetables, made in a rich buttery gravy, with an onion - tomato base. Veg Makhanwala Recipe has the goodness of broccoli, baby corn, carrot, and capsicum all.
Try our other mixed vegetable sabzi recipes:
- Mixed Vegetable Jalfrezi Recipe
- Hyderabadi Shahi Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
- Punjabi Mixed Vegetable Kadai Recipe
3. Tawa Paratha Recipe - Plain Paratha
A classic pairing with dals and subzis with our Indian meals is a phulka or paratha, this Tawa paratha is a popular one.
Try our other Tawa Paratha Recipes:
- Ragi Tawa Paratha - Healthy Vitamin Rich & Diabetic Friendly Paratha
- Pudina Tawa Paratha Recipe (Mint Leaf Skillet Flat Bread)
- Whole Wheat Spinach Paratha Recipe
4. How To Make Homemade Yogurt (Curd)