Here is a simple yet delicious Portion Control Meal Plate with protein packed Kulith ki dal made Kashmiri style with a chatpata Patiala aloo served along with phulka and a kachumber salad and dahi by the side. A completely nutritious meal on the plate, is one of the many things that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
Make sure meal times involve no conversations, no use of gadgets or any such distractions. Focussing on food allows you concentrate on the meal you are eating, allowing you to eat mindfully.
Eating the right quantity of food with the right nutrients from various food groups is a must. Adding food of different colours and textures will ensure you get nutrition from a variety of food groups. Eat healthy and delicious meal, keeping in mind that serving size is of great importance.
Making sure you have fixed meal timings, helps the body function in a systematic manner.
Did you know: Horse Gram contains the highest protein content of any lentil in the world. This grain is fed to horses to keep them energetic and maintain weight, hence the namesake. Horse Gram is also rich in iron and calcium among other nutrients. It is a poor man's food as it provides a lot of energy for a small portion consumed.
Below are the quantities we have used for a complete portion control meal. You can use these suggestions based on your dietary requirements.
Total Calories: 320 calories approximately
- Kashmiri Kulith Ki Dal - 1 katori
- Patiala Aloo - 1/2 katori
- Salad - 1 katori
- Dahi - 1/2 katori
- Phulka - 1 no.
Kashmiri Kulith Ki Dal Recipe is a super healthy yet delicious horse gram dal made with simple ginger garlic.
The dal is thickened with a simple rice flour slurry, rather different from the usual.
Try our other Kashmiri Recipes:
- Kashmiri Style Rajma Gogji Recipe - Kidney Beans & Turnip Curry
- Kashmiri Style Dum Oluv Recipe - Dum Aloo Recipe
- Kashmiri Style Rajma Recipe
A masaledar chatpata aloo ki sabzi made Punjabi style, with simple everyday spices, along with tomato puree, this Patiala Aloo Recipe is absolutely lip smacking.
Try our other dry sabzi recipes:
- Kaddu Simla Mirch Sabzi Recipe - Pumpkin Capsicum Stir Fry
- Bihari Shakarkand Bhujiya Recipe - Spicy Sweet Potato Sabzi
- Khatti Meethi Tinda Recipe - Gujarati Style Tindora Nu Shaak
An element of healthy fresh vegetables brought together in the form of this nutritious salad that is a medley of crunchy veges.
A salad is a must on a meal plate.
Try our other Salad recipes:
- Simple Steamed Indian Beet Salad Recipe
- Raw Mango Carrot Cucumber Salad Recipe With Peanuts
- Khamang Kakdi Recipe - Maharashtrian Cucumber Salad