This portion control meal plate is all sorts of nostalgia. A healthy green beans paruppu usili served with phulkas, some piping hot steamed rice, the star of the plate - appalam vatha kuzhambu and a dollop of ghee over it. A meal so satisfying that it will leave you satiated for a long period of time. This meal includes most food groups from carbs to proteins, vitamins and minerals too.
Did you know that Green Beans is one of those superfoods for health. The green beans, which is considered a common man's staple is packed with nutrition and fiber and is an extremely low calorie and low carbohydrate food. Green beans is now been discovered as a super food for not just weight loss but also people suffering from diabetes.
Carrots served as salad in the meal are highly nutritious packed with Vitamin A and easy to digest.
Rice and Phulkas bring in their own bit of nutrition in the form of carbohydrates. The appalam vatha kuzhambu brings in great flavour to the entire meal. Different flavour profiles in the plate like spicy and tangy, will leave your taste buds satisfied and your tummy feeling full.
A meaningful addition to this meal could be a refreshing bowl of curd, adding calcium to your diet.
Tips For Portion Control: You can reduce the portion of rice and phulka and instead increase the portion of the green beans paruppu usili if you still find the need to eat more than what you have served on your plate. Lastly, Eat slowly and mindfully.
1. Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu Recipe - Papad In Tamarind Gravy
This Appalam Vatha Kuzhambu is a finger licking good tamarind based curry with applam as the star ingredient. It goes perfectly well with steamed rice and a dollop of ghee over it.
Try our other Kuzhambu Recipes :
- Pachai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
- Thandu Keerai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe - Amaranth Greens in Tangy Curry
- Palakottai Kuzhambu Recipe-Kongunad Style Jackfruit Seeds Curry
2. Green Beans Paruppu Usili Recipe - Iyengar Style
A nutritious side to this lip smacking meal is this green beans paruppu usili loaed with beans and dal. Perfect to go with a sambar-rice meal.
Try our other Usili Recipes :
- Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili Recipe - Gawar Phali Dal Sabzi
- Carrot Paruppu Usili Recipe - Steamed Lentils Crumbled With Carrots
- Vazhaipoo Paruppu Usili Recipe - Banana Flower Paruppu Usili
3. Phulka Recipe (Roti/Chapati) - Puffed Indian Bread
4. Steamed Rice Recipe - Pressure Cooker & Sauce Pan Methods