A lip smacking, wholesome meal, served in the right portion sizes, this meal is a mix of North & South dishes, that includes a millet roti - ragi masala roti, served along with an earthy beetroot raita, palak lobia curry and a carrot beans sabzi.
Including millets in the everyday diet is a great idea. Ragi here is wholesome millet and keeps one satiated for a long period of time. This ragi roti here is loaded with vegetables like carrots, onions and greens like coriander and dill leaves.
This ragi masala roti can not only be served, like it has been in this meal, it can even be served as breakfast too with a simple South Indian chutneys. Our other elements in this meal, include this crunchy and super nutritious stir fry, that's a dry sabzi, including carrots, peas and cauliflower which mildly spiced.
A delicious gravy sabzi that includes protein and iron in the form of dal and greens respectively, is this palak lobia curry made in a coconut base. All these elements added to the meal in right portions, include carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals making it a perfectly balanced meal.
Below are the portion sizes of the meal
Ragi Masala Roti - 1 roti
carrot, cauliflower and peas sabzi - 1/2 katori
palak lobia curry - 1/2 katori
beetroot raita - 1 katori
A whole some roti made with ragi, and added goodness of carrots, onions, coriander leaves and dill leaves, all combined to make a dough. The dough is then patted on a muslin cloth and cooked on the tawa.
Try our other Roti Recipes:
A South Indian style gravy of white lobia, cooked in a cooconut-tamarind masala with added goodness of spinach leaves, makes a super nutritious curry.
Try our other recipes:
- Mangalorean Padengi Gassi Recipe - Green Moong Dal Curry
- Mixed Vegetable Kurma Recipe - Vegetables in Spicy Coconut Curry
- Kollu Vada Kurma Recipe (Horse Gram Fritters Spicy & Tangy Curry)
A simple stir fry of a medley of vegetables, carrots, cauliflower and peas cooked along with some whole spices to give it a mild flavour.
Try our other Dry sabzi Recipes:
- Aloo Beetroot and Baby Corn Mixed Sabzi Recipe
- Amla Methi Sukhi Sabzi Recipe - Healthy Diabetic Sabzi
- Gawar Phali Methi Ki Sabzi Recipe -Cluster Beans Methi Sabzi
A refreshing combination of yogurt and beetroot, makes this beetroot raita a perfect accompaniment to this meal.
Try our other raita recipes:
- Crunchy Carrot Peanut Raita Recipe - Gajar Moongphali Raita
- Carrot Orange Walnut Raita (Fruity Nutty Yogurt) Recipe
- Dill Cucumber Raita Recipe