Serving a delicious meal, that's healthy too, is this lovely meal that's colourful and served in perfect portions. This meal consists of a super healthy tridali dal made using three different dals, a gluten free jowar roti, a fresh cucumber carrot salad, a bowl of dahi and some spicy raw mango achaar.
Planning a menu with different food groups, with the right textures and flavours are points to keep in mind. This meal here gets its proteins from the dal which is made using three different types of dals, and a rich tadka with ghee and lehsun instantly lifts up the dish. The meal plate includes a jowar roti which is the element of complex carbohydrates, it also gets its fiber, vitamins and minerals from the fresh salad and finally the element of calcium from the yogurt.
This meal is served in approximate portions required by an adult. The key here is to prepare fresh meals, using seasonal produce. Plan your menu well in advance, buy the required grocery and keep it ready according the the menu planned for the week. Ensure not to over cook the food. Preferably serve freshly cooked food and avoid storing cooked food for long hours or overnight.
Getting good sleep, with some time set aside for exercise and healthy meals, all contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Eating the right amount of food at each meal, and eating these meals at the same time everyday should be part of your routine.
Below are the portion sizes of the meal.
Total Calories: 350 calories approximately
- Tridali Dal - 1 katori
- Salad - 1 katori
- Dahi - 1/2 katori
- Jowar Doda - 1 doda
- Mango Pickle - 1 teaspoon
1. Sindhi Tridali Dal Recipe
A simple yet nutritious dal made by combining three types of dal - chana dal, green chilkewali dal and urad dal pressure cooked and topped with a lehsun tadka
This Sindhi Tridali Dal literally comfort food at its best.
Try our other Dal Recipes:
- Dhaba Style Dal Fry Recipe
- Navrang Dal Recipe ( Spicy Mixed Lentils)
- Urad Ki Sukhi Dal Recipe (Spicy Dry Urad Dal)
2. Juvar Jo Dodo Recipe - Sindhi Sorghum Roti
A gluten free roti made using sorghum flour or jowar flour as it is commonly known.
This Sindhi juvar jo dodo, also has the added goodness of methi leaves that make the roti all the more wholesome.
Try our other Jowar Roti recipes :
- Jowar Atta Roti Recipe - Sorghum Wheat Phulka Recipe
- Methi Jowar Roti Recipe (Fenugreek & Millet flatbread)
- Jowar Bajra Garlic Roti Recipe
3. Carrot Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon and Coriander Recipe
A refreshing element on the plate, is this cucumber carrot salad.
A medley of vegetables with a simple dressing is almost a must in an everyday meal.
Try our other Salad Recipes :
- Raw Mango Carrot Cucumber Salad Recipe With Peanuts
- Kachumber Salad Recipe With Cucumber, Onion & Tomatoes
- Pudina Pyaz Kachumber Salad Recipe - Mint & Onion Salad
4. Aam Ka Achaar Recipe - North Indian Spicy Raw Mango Pickle
A tantalizing mango pickle that goes perfectly well with this meal.
Try our other Pickle Recipes:
- Amla Achaar Recipe | Hot & Sweet Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- Spicy Lime Pickle Recipe (Naranga Achaar)
- Shalgam Gajar Aur Gobhi Ka Achar Recipe
5. How To Make Homemade Yogurt (Curd)