A portion control meal plate that's so satisfying - comfort food of mixed vegetable sambar and rice served with healthy sides of tendli sabzi and potato roast. All placed in the meal plate with sensible portions to ensure you get just enough.
While the steamed rice in the meal takes care of carbs, the sambar made of dal brings in the proteins required and the veggies in it give us that added nutrition. One can add any veggies of choice be it carrots, radish, drumstick, beetroot, beans and the list can go on.
The side dish of potatoes with the tadka goes perfectly well with this meal. The tindora sabzi with the addition of coconuts not just brings great flavour but is highly nutritious too. What balances out the meal is a bowl of chilled curd for your daily intake of calcium that one shouldn't miss.
So wait no more and get this meal started in your kitchen already.
A comforting aloo recipe, this South Indian spicy potato roast is absolutely versatile. Other than serving as a side with sambar rice or rasam rice it can also be eaten along with puris or chapatis.
Try our other potato recipes:
- Chatpate Aloo Recipe With Sesame Seeds
- Maharashtrian Style Kurkure Batate Recipe (Spicy & Crispy Roasted Potatoes)
- Patiala Aloo Recipe
Another side dish that brings a lot of nutrition to the plate is this ivy gourd stir fry made konkani style with fresh coconut.
Goes well with just simple dal rice too, or serve it with chapatis and a raita on the side.
Try our other Tindora Recipes:
- Mangalorean Kadle Manoli Recipe - Tindora Kala Chana Sabzi
- Andhra Dondakaya Ulli Kura Karam Recipe | Andhra Kovakkai Fry
- Khatti Meethi Tindora Sabzi Recipe - Gujarati Tindora Nu Shaak
An absolute favourite, veggies packed in this lip smacking mixed vegetable sambar with piping hot rice and a dollop of ghee, goes perfectly well with these side dishes.
Try our other Sambar Recipes:
- Thandu Keerai Sambar Recipe - Amaranth Greens Sambar Recipe
- Beetroot Sambar Recipe - Tangy Beetroot Lentil Curry
- Thakkali Vengaya Sambar Recipe - Tomato Onion Sambar