Pumpkin Curry With Chicken Recipe
Pumpkin Curry With Chicken Recipe is a super simple recipe of a chicken curry made a lot healthier with the addition of pumpkins. Serve it with philkas or jeera rice to relish a simple weekday meal.
Pumpkin Curry With Chicken Recipe has a unique taste that is quick to make and has rich flavours. Pumpkin is cooked and made into a puree and then tomato puree, chicken and spices are added to make a delicious and flavourful curry.
When you are bored of your usual chicken curry, you can give it a twist with the use of pumpkin. It is a perfect recipe to serve when you have guests at home along with steamed rice or tawa paratha.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Chicken recipes such as
- 400 grams Chicken breasts , cut into small pieces
- 500 grams Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin)
- 1 inch Ginger , roughly chopped
- 1 Onion , roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 2 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- Salt , as required
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , A small bunch, finely chopped
How to make Pumpkin Curry With Chicken Recipe
To begin making the Pumpkin Curry With Chicken, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
Add the garlic, onion, ginger, green chillies and chopped pumpkin. Sprinkle some salt and stir them for about a minute, cover the pan and simmer until the pumpkin has softened. This will take about 6-8 minutes on medium heat.
Using a hand blender, blend the pumpkin into a puree while it is in the pan. Add the tomato puree, and the spices like the cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala .
Give it a good mix and saute for about 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes add the chicken pieces.along with a cup of water, cover the pan, turn the heat to low and cook until the chicken is cooked completely .
Adjust the consistency of the curry by adding more water and also adjust the spices to suit your taste.
Once done, turn off the heat. Stir in the chopped coriander leaves, Transfer the Pumpkin Curry With Chicken into a serving bowl and serve.