Punjabi Style Lobia Masala Recipe (Black Eyed Peas Masala)
Punjabi Style Lobia Masala is a very simple and quick recipe which can be made in a jiffy on the weekdays. This recipe is tasty and high in protein and can be served even when you have guests at your home for a sudden dinner.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Punjabi recipes such as
- 2 cups Black Eyed Beans (Lobia) , boiled
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , slit in between
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Tamarind Paste
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Milk
How to make Punjabi Style Lobia Masala Recipe (Black Eyed Peas Masala)
To begin making the Punjabi Style Lobia Masala recipe, heat oil in a wok/kadai.
Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon and saute for a minute. Add onion and green chillies.
Add ginger garlic paste and saute them till onion turn golden in colour.
Add all dry spices including turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, sugar, salt and tamarind paste. Mix it well and add tomato puree.
Cook mixture till oil separates from it. Add cooked black eyed peas(lobia) and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add milk and mix well. Cook on slow heat for 5 minutes. Lobiya is ready to serve.