Quinoa Patties with Raw Mango Salsa Recipe
Veggie and quinoa shallow fried patty topped on a raw mango salsa
Quinoa Patties with Raw Mango Salsa are patties that are loaded with vegetables, crispy on the outside and perfect on the inside, with a touch of Indian spices. Paired perfectly with Mango Salsa, it makes for a light lunch or dinner. You can serve Quinoa Patties with Raw Mango Salsa Recipe along with a Beetroot Gazpacho Soup Recipe.
Did you know: Quinoa excels so high in its health benefits that it’s even got NASA recommending it as the ideal food for long space flights. A reason for quinoa gaining popularity among the rest of us people on earth is that it supplies significant quantities of essential minerals including magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and copper. Know more
If you like this recipe, try more recipes like
- 1/2 cup Quinoa , or foxtail millet
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled
- 2 Carrots (Gajjar) , thinly sliced in quarters
- 1/4 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt , to taste Ingredients for Mango Salsa
- 1 Mango (Raw) , diced
- 1/2 Onion , finely diced
- 1/4 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1 Pickled Jalapenos , finely chopped
- 1/2 English Cucumbers , finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Salt , to taste
How to make Quinoa Patties with Raw Mango Salsa Recipe
To begin making Quinoa Patties with Raw Mango Salsa Recipe, wash quinoa and cook for 15 minutes until you see it sprouted, or as per instructions, drain all water and keep aside.
In a saute pan, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, fry onions for a minute. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a few seconds.
Add the sliced carrots, green chillies, and saute until the vegetables are tender and turn off the heat. Allow the patty mixture to cool.
In a mixing bowl, add the cooked quinoa, mashed potato, peas and the cooled onion/carrot mixture. Add salt, pepper and mix well.
In a skillet, add little oil, take 1/2 cup of mixture, shape it to disc and fry it in a pan. You can crowd the pan and let brown well on both sides on a medium flame. It takes about 3-4 minutes on each side.
You can serve Quinoa Patties with Raw Mango Salsa Recipe along with a Beetroot Gazpacho Soup Recipe.