Rajasthani Ghasela Recipe (Besan Ka Pitta)
besan, onion and green chillies with other spices make this Ghasela- a side dish
Rajasthani Ghasela is made with the combination of besan and all the spice powders. It is a perfect dish to eat when you are out of vegetables in your fridge. It is easy and takes less than 20 minutes to cook this recipe.
If you like this recipe, you can try other Rajasthani recipes as well,
- Oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Spring Onion Greens , Few sprigs, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , as required
How to make Rajasthani Ghasela Recipe (Besan Ka Pitta)
To begin making the Rajasthani Ghasela recipe, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cumin seeds and hing.
Once the cumin seeds splutter, add the green chillies and onions. Cook till the onion becomes soft and translucent.
Meanwhile, add water in besan in a mixing bowl and put all the masalas including red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the required salt.
Mix everything properly and add the spring onion leaves.
Put this mixture into the pan and stir continuously for about 20 minutes or till the besan is cooked properly.
Once done, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.