Rase Wale Aloo Recipe (Boiled Potato in Tangy Tomato Sauce)
I think this is one of the easiest and most tasty preparation of boiled potatoes. I love the tanginess of the sauce and it just goes so well with puri. This is an easy recipe which can be made for lunch or dinner and can also be served when you have guests at home.
Serve Rase Wale Aloo along with Puri or Pudina Tawa Paratha for lunch or dinner.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Potato recipes such as
- 6 Potatoes (Aloo) , freshly boiled (roughly chopped)
- 4 Tomatoes , pureed
- Oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt , as per taste
- Red Chilli powder , as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera) , roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
How to make Rase Wale Aloo Recipe (Boiled Potato in Tangy Tomato Sauce)
To begin making the Rase Wale Aloo recipe, in a heavy bottomed pan heat oil and temper the jeera and hing.
Add tomato puree and cook till all the moisture reduces. Add all the masalas and sugar. Cook for another 30 seconds.
Add the potatoes and add 1 glass water (250ml) and let it cook and reduce further to a thick consistency.
Mash some of the potatoes in the gravy to get that typical rase wale aloo. Serve Rase Wale Aloo along with Puri or Pudina Tawa Paratha for lunch or dinner.