Rayalseema Style Borugula Upma Recipe
Rayalseema Style Borugula Upma Recipe is a light breakfast that is made with puffed rice tossed in fried onions and toasted peanuts. A crunchy, soft upma that you will absolutely love.
Rayalseema Style Borugula Upma Recipe is a simple breakfast dish that is popular in the region of rayalaseema which is a part of Andhra Pradesh.
It is called in different names such as Uggani, Buggani, Vaggani, Maramarala Upma. The puffed rice is tossed with ground coconut and peanuts.
If you are looking for more Breakfast recipes here are some:
- 2 cup Puffed rice
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves Ingredients to grind
- 2 tablespoon Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Gram Dal (Pottukadalai) , roasted To Temper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Sunflower Oil , for cooking
How to make Rayalseema Style Borugula Upma Recipe
To begin making the Rayalseema Style Borugula Upma Recipe, grind the roasted chickpeas and desiccated coconut in a mixer grinder to a coarse powder and keep it ready.
Heat a kadai with oil on medium flame, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and allow them splutter for 10 seconds.
Add curry leaves and allow it crackle and then add the onions, green chilli and sauté till it becomes light brown.
Add the turmeric powder and switch off the heat.
Now add the puffed rice along with ground chickpea and coconut and toasted peanuts, drizzle the lemon juice and adjust the salt.
Once the Borugula Upma is mixed garnish it with chopped coriander.