Ribs With Guava Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Lamb ribs smeared in Chinese spices and a freshly made guava sauce and barbecued
Ribs With Guava Barbecue Sauce Recipe is a non vegetarian delicacy which has Chinese flavours embedded in lamb ribs marinated in a guava sauce and barbecued again. This adds in a fruity and smoky flavour to the lamb barbecue. This recipe is apt to be in the barbecue party menu. Ribs With Guava Barbeque Sauce Recipe is served with rice and salad with lemon wedges to make it a complete meal.
If you like this recipe, here are more recipes to try for grilling & barbecue party
- 4 Lamb ribs , 2-3 ribs attached to bone
- 2 tablespoon Sugar , (adjust)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder , fresh ground (adjust)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1/4 teaspoon Clove powder (Laung)
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice For Guava Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 cups Guava puree , (peel guavas and puree them in a grinder)
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Homemade tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ginger , minced
- 1 Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , minced
- 1 clove Garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder , freshly crushed (adjust)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
How to make Ribs With Guava Barbecue Sauce Recipe
To begin making Ribs With Guava Barbecue Sauce Recipe, make guava barbecue sauce first.
Get all the ingredients ready and puree guava in a mixer grinder, after deskinning.
In a saucepan, combine the guava paste with the vinegar, tomato paste, lemon juice, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, ginger, scallion, garlic, red chilli flakes, and water and bring the mixture to a boil.
Cook the sauce in low flames till it is reduced to 1-1/4 cups.
Add salt and pepper if required, since soy sauce and worcestershire sauce have salt and spice in them.
Switch off and keep the guava barbecue sauce side to cool.
Now to prepare the barbecued ribs, prepare the barbecue grill.
Take a large mixing bowl and combine sugar, salt, dry mustard, Chinese five-spice powder, pepper, cinnamon powder and cloves powder to make a dry mix. Sprinkle the mixture over the ribs.
Place the ribs on the wire rack above the hot charcoal, bony side down. Brush or spray some vinegar and lemon juice on top of ribs while grilling.
Continue to grill for 20-30 minutes with the help of a long tong.
Turn the ribs around carefully by holding then with a tong (but keep them bony side down) and spray once more with lemon juice and vinegar.
Cover and grill until the meat is tender.
Transfer the grilled ribs to a plate and brush the Guava Barbecue Sauce on both sides of the ribs and again grill directly over the fire for about 1 minute per side, until glazed and bubbling.
Transfer the ribs to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
Cut down between the bones and arrange the Ribs With Guava Barbecue Sauce Recipe on a platter and serve it with some rice, and salad with lemon wedges to make it a complete meal.