Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis Recipe
Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis is a delicious one dish recipe which is made with the combination of sizzling rice, tomato coulis, vegetables and snacks.
Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis is a delicious one dish recipe which is made with the combination of sizzling rice, tomato coulis, vegetables and snacks. You can also prepare this recipe, if you are planning a house party at your house.
Make Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis for a weeknight dinner during your busy weekdays and enjoy it with your family.
You can also try similar recipes like
- Vegetable Sizzler Recipe with Potato Tikki, Mint Rice & Corn and Spinach sauce
- Mexican Brown Rice and Quinoa Casserole
- Vegetarian Mexican Rice
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
For the rice
- 2 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 8-10 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green peas (Matar)
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice , soaked in water for about an hour For the coulis
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , chopped
- Salt , to taste
- Black pepper powder , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Butter For the remaining ingredients
- 1/2 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped into cubes
- Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped into cubes
- 1 cup Potato (Aloo) , wedges
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Handful, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil , mixed with 4 tablespoon water to give it a sizzling effect.
How to make Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis Recipe
To begin making the Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis recipe, firstly we will prepare the tomato coulis sauce.
Dip the tomatoes in a saucepan of hot boiling water for about 20-30 seconds. After 20-30 seconds, peel of the skin of the tomatoes and chop them very finely.
Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the tomatoes with garlic for about 10 minutes on low heat
Once it is done, add salt, pepper and butter. Blend the mixture in a mixer to make a puree out of it and keep it aside.
The next step is to make the rice. Heat oil in a kadhai and add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, black elaichi, black pepper corns and cumin seeds. Saute them for about a minute.
After a minute, add onion and sauté them again for another minute. Now add green chili, carrot, green peas, basmati rice and double the volume of water. Cover and cook it on low heat till the rice is soft.
Preheat the sizzle plate in the oven for about 30 minutes.
The next step is to combine and serve it on a sizzler plate. Drizzle some butter and spread cabbage leaves. Fill a small round cup with the rice and invert it in the centre of sizzler plate.
Pour the half tomato coulis over rice. Mix vegetables with the remaining sauce and cook for two minutes in a pan.
Arrange saucy vegetables and potato wedges at the side of the hot plate and sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve.
Make Rice Sizzler With Tomato Coulis for a light dinner during your busy weekdays and enjoy it with your family.
You can optionally add some stuffed grilled tomatoes by the side for an addition twist.