Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Roasted Cauliflower is a very simple but delicious side dish. Cauliflower florets are tossed with some olive oil and spices and then roasted in the oven. The humble vegetable gets an appetising make over as it slightly caramelizes and is sure to please even those who are not fond of it. Roasted cauliflower can be served as a party snack or a side dish with some couscous or quinoa.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Cauliflower recipes such as
- 2 cups Cauliflower (gobi)
- 4 Garlic , sliced
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) , roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper powder , or red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate molasses , orhoney (optional but recommended)
- Fresh Herbs , Handful of herbs of choice like basil, parsley, coriander or thyme
- Salt , to taste
How to make Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
To begin making the roasted cauliflower, first pre-heat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
In a mixing bowl, toss together the olive oil, garlic and cauliflower florets. Sprinkle salt as required.
Place these florets on a baking tray and roast till they just soften (about 10-12 minutes). Take the tray out of the oven.
Add the coriander powder, cumin and black pepper powder.
Mix and place it back in the oven to roast for another 10 to 12 minutes or till the cauliflower is cooked and caramelizes or slightly turns brown. Take it out onto a serving dish.
Garnish with pomegranate seeds, herbs and drizzle some molasses or honey over it. Serve immediately.