A delicious meal with no complex flavours, this Kashmiri meal is simplicity at its best. Yakhni Mutton served along with some saffron & fennel rice with a side of some Kashmiri saag and dahi baingan.
If you are a vegetarian, you can skip the mutton and add either Kashmiri Style Rajma Gogji Recipe - Kidney Beans & Turnip Curry or Kashmiri Monj Haakh Recipe - Knol Khol Flavored With Asafoetida.
Kashmiri Cuisine is one such that is comfort food, keeping their flavours simple, but that's what it is all about, subtle flavours that taste great. Some dishes are seasoned just with whole spices while others are made robust. Their star ingredients include lotus stem, knol khol, radish, turnip, rajma, saffron, curd to name a few. Mutton is their most preferred choice of meat.
Give this meal a shot over the weekend, while your family can enjoy a meal together.
A rich yogurt based mutton curry made Kashmiri style along with whole spices, Kashmiri Style Mutton Yakhni Recipe is absolutely delicious.
It can be put together in a jiffy, with no use of onion, garlic or tomato.
Try our other Kashmiri Mutton Recipes:
- Kashmiri Rogan Josh Recipe - Mutton in Red Curry
- Kashmiri Style Gushtaba Recipe - Mutton Kofta in Curd
- Kashmiri Style Mutton Gogji Syun Recipe - Mutton & Turnip
Nutritious palak stir fried in mustard oil along with garlic, this Kashmiri Style Saag goes well with anything.
Serve it with dal-roti or just as a side to any simple meal.
Try our Spinach recipes:
- Andhra Style Palakaru Vepadu Recipe (Spinach Stir Fry Recipe)
- Palak & Kala Channa Sukhi Subzi Recipe
- Dry Palak Dal Sabzi Recipe
A vegetable that is not easily liked by all, yet this Kashmiri style dahi baingan beautifully camouflages the baingan in the lip smacking daho gravy that is made masaledar.
Try our other Baingan recipes:
- Baingan Tamatar Sabzi - Brinjal/ Eggplant Masala Recipe
- Turai Baingan Ki Sabzi Recipe - Eggplant Ridge Gourd Sabzi
- Suva Methi Baingan Sabzi Recipe ( Eggplant in Dill and Methi leaves Curry Recipe)
Simple rice preparation with some whole spices like cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, this rice get its flavour predominantly from the saffron and fennel seeds.
This rice can be paired with any North Indian gravies.
Try our other rice recipes:
- Dhaba Style Spicy Ghee Rice Recipe Made From Whole Spices
- Matta Rice Peas Pulao Recipe
- Jeera Rice (Pulao) Recipe (Cumin & Ghee Flavored Rice)