As seasons change, along with our attire, our eating habits too change to adapt to the weather. The best season for food is the winters. During the winters we are able to digest better and eat fresh seasonal produce available during this time of the year. Winter meals usually are heavy, enriched with ghee, whole spices and nuts, that help keep us warm from within.
Fresh produce during the winter season includes, sarson or mustard leaves, turnip or shalgam, gobhi, fresh turmeric, radish, red carrots, sweet potato, and hara chana to name a few. Various dishes can be made using these fresh ingredients during our cold winters.
Apart from fresh seasonal produce being used in cooking, the other ingredients like ghee, whole spices, dry ginger, nuts and dried fruits, honey, are eaten and used in various recipes.
Our mornings, during the winters begin with some almonds soaked in honey, evening are great for Adrak Chai alongside some piping hot samosas and bhajiyas and not to miss a steaming hot cuppa Haldi Doodh before you call it a day.
All of which will help keep you warm from within., so wait no more and whup up these winter recipes in your kitchen for your family and friends.
1. Sarson Ka Saag, Makki Ki Roti, Shalgam Gajar Aur Gobhi Ka Achar, Panjiri
2. Gujarati Undhiyu Recipe, Thepla, Turmeric Ginger Pickle Recipe, Moong Dal Halwa
3. Khatti Meethi Mooli Ki Sabzi , Palak Makhana Recipe, Tawa Paratha, Gajar Halwa
4. Amritsari Gobi Matar, Palak Paratha, Dhaba Style Ghee Rice, Malpua With Rabdi
5. Carrots & Sweet Potato Paratha, Beetroot Raita , Amla Achaar, Til ke Ladoo
6. Puri, Jeera Aloo, Kesar Elaichi Aam Chunda, Vermicelli Kheer
7. Haldi Ki Sabzi, Bajri Ki Roti, Hare Chane Ka Pulav, Whole Wheat Sonth Ke Ladoo