Shakkarkandi ke Laddu | Sweet Potato Laddu Recipe
There laddus are a perfect treat in winters.
Shakkarkandi ke Laddu recipe is prepared with Sweet Potato. Sweet potato is the finest source of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. My mother used to make these laddus in winter. These Sweet potato laddus make fine accompaniment with a cup of tea and sev.
Here are a few cherry-picked tea-time indulgent snacks we found for you
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes , boiled and mashed
- 3/4 cup Sugar , adjust as per taste
- 3 tablespoons Fresh coconut , (grated) for filling + 1 tablespoon (for garnishing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1 tablespoon Whole Almonds (Badam) , crushed coarsely
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts , crushed coarsely
- 10 Sultana Raisins
- 1/4 cup Ghee
How to make Shakkarkandi ke Laddu | Sweet Potato Laddu Recipe
To start making Shakkarkandi ke Laddu, heat ghee in a non-sticky pan. Add mashed sweet potatoes and sauté for 12-15 mins.
Add grated coconut, green cardamom powder, almonds & cashews, raisins and sugar. Mix well over medium heat.
Keep stirring until the mixture comes together as a single mass. Takes about 3-5 minutes.
When the mixture is still warm, shape them into small balls.
Put grated coconut in a plate and roll the balls over it.
Place them in the fridge for 10-15 mins and serve the yummy Shakkarkandi ke Laddu/ Sweet Potato Laddu recipe for teatime.