Soya Spring Rolls Recipe
Spring roll wrappers are filled with vegetables, soya granules and tofu which can be your perfect appetizer.
Spring Rolls are much loved appetiser served all across India. In this recipe, spring roll wrappers are filled with vegetables, soya granules and tofu. The wrappers are then rolled and deep fried. This is a great way to use the leftover vegetables lurking in the refrigerator. You can also add bean sprouts to the filling.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Roll recipes such as :
- 12 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1 cup Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , chopped finely
- 1 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , chopped finely
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Soy granules , soaked in hot water and drained
- 4 Spring Onion Greens , bulbs and greens chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 cup Tofu , chopped into small pieces (1 inch strips)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder , crushed
- Cooking oil , for deep frying
- 4 tablespoons Corn flour , mixed in 1/2 cup water to seal edges
How to make Soya Spring Rolls Recipe
To begin making the Soya Spring Rolls recipe, first heat the sesame oil in a wok/kadhai.
Add the chopped onion bulbs, garlic and ginger. Saute for a few seconds and then add the vegetables.
Cook till the vegetables soften. Add the soy granules, coloured pepper, green chillies, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
Mix and add the onion greens, salt and black pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Take it off the heat and cool.
Place one spring roll wrapper on a flat work surface. Cover the rest of the wrappers with a kitchen towel.
Spread about 2 tablespoons stuffing on one side of the wrapper towards you. Place one tofu piece over it.
Fold the corner over the filling and roll tightly. Tuck in from both the sides and roll again.
Apply some thick flour and water mixture to seal the open end of the roll. Make all the rolls and keep them covered.
Deep fry the spring rolls in batches in a deep fry pan, on low to medium heat till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper to absorb the excess oil.
Giving up a lucrative career tinkering with Analytical equipments, Madhuli Ajay chose to tinker in her Food lab- developing new recipes & satisfying her culinary travel cravings. She has been sharing heirloom recipes on her blog 'My Foodcourt' for the past 9 yrs. Madhuli bakes to feed her soul. Testing recipes & photographing food for a cookbook, has fuelled her food photography passion. Based in the gorgeous 'Wine Capital' of India Nashik, Madhuli also loves spending time in her little kitchen garden.