Spicy Cabbage Rice Recipe (South Indian Style Mutta Kose Sadham Recipe)
Spicy Cabbage Rice takes very few ingredients to make and takes hardly 20 minutes to get prepared. This is a perfect recipe if you want to use your leftover rice and can be packed in your lunch box too. Serve Spicy Cabbage Rice Recipe with raita of your choice.
If you like this recipe, take a look at more Rice recipes that will interest you
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- Ghee , or oil as required
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , shredded
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sambar Powder
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few, finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
How to make Spicy Cabbage Rice Recipe (South Indian Style Mutta Kose Sadham Recipe)
To prepare Spicy Cabbage Rice recipe, firstly heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds, green chillies and let it cook for 15 seconds.
Next, add in the sliced onions and cook till they become soft and translucent.
Add in the shredded cabbage, salt and turmeric powder. Cook till the cabbage becomes soft.
Once it is done, add in the cooked rice, red chilli powder and the sambar powder. Mix everything well.
Cover for 2 minutes. Open the lid, give it a stir and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve Spicy Cabbage Rice recipe with raita of your choice.