Spicy Matar Masala Recipe
Spicy Matar Masala is a simple and easy dish which can be prepared in a short time. When you are out of vegetables these frozen matar come to your help to make a quick weeknight dinner.
Spicy Matar Masala is a simple and easy dish which can be prepared in a short time. When you are out of vegetables these frozen matar come to your help. The Spicy Matar Masala is cooked in a gravy form where the matar is cooked in an onion and tomato base gravy.
Here are few more exciting Peas/Matar recipes which you can try at your home.
- 1 cup Green peas (Matar) , boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 3 to 4 Curry leaves
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta) , broken into two piece
- 2 to 3 Cloves (Laung)
- Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion , paste
- 3/4 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Salt , as required
How to make Spicy Matar Masala Recipe
To begin with the Spicy Matar Masala,Firstly heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
Once it splutters, add curry leaves, bay leaf, cloves and badi elaichi.
After a minute, add green chillies and garlic ginger paste. Cook it for about a minute.
Next add the chopped onions and cook them till they become soft and translucent.
Next, add the onion paste and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then add the tomato puree and add all the masalas and salt.
Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or till the oil starts separating.
Now add the green peas and allow it to cook for another 2 minutes.
Check for salt and spice, adjust according to your taste and switch off the flame'
Serve your Spicy Matar masala with roti and dal.